The Last Petal........

(c) Shilpa Sandesh

The hymns,
The chants,
The psalm of affection,
And the carol of love.......
Engrossed in his anticipation,
Mind theorizing the perception,
Soul ruminating the feelings,
And heart,
Heart innervating the pleasures;

My eyes catch sight of a marigold,

Blooming yellow and orange,
Fifty beauteous petals,
First pluck.......He loves me,
Another pluck.....He loves me more,
Another pluck......His love is bounteous,
Pluck.....Plucks......the last petal reached,
As the fingers advance,
To pick that final petiole,
The warm breaths and a whisper,
Brushes against my ear,
And in his faintly seductive voice says,
"The last petal,
The last petal says,
I love you infinitely!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Depression is Just a Fashion!

E'en Before

Around My Roots