The Sacred Art Of Wondering

(c) Shilpa Sandesh

Awestruck or fascinated,
Wondering,
It isn't what the dictionaries have stated;

It is a thing sacred,
When one's inner self,
At one point overshadows all,
Or becomes as tiny as an elf,
It is a state,
A sacramental attitude,
Soul's spiritual solitude,
An impromptu crying spell,
Like the body swaying unconscious,
In a huge tempestuous swell;

And there,
In that hurricane,
I see a life raft,
And a messiah,
Making His way smoothly,
Like there is no gale,
And in a blink of the eyes,
All is at peace,
Pastoral,
Calm defeats the turbulent,
And to live again,
This heart turns fervent;

The wondering leaps,
Springs across the melancholy's heap,
Much obliged I am, my Savior,
That You appeared,
Just when my thoughts,
With sorrows were smeared,
And so the reverence fails,
And halts,
Till the tranquility hails..........


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Depression is Just a Fashion!

E'en Before

Around My Roots