A Geisha's Diary

Do I seek love?
Do joys fall in my merit?
Or am I nobody's dove!
It's a giver's soul, that my form inherits,
I dance and I swirl,
Irrespective of breathing in sorrow's whirl,
'Cause they need a smile,
To see my form sway,
They traverse miles,
But can you look beyond these eyes?
Beneath the fire you see, is a casket of ice,
A kimono sheathes my mortal frame,
And I know what goes in your mind,
Do you know, I too have a name!
I shall speak of all the wondrous things,
My blessing lies in the smiles I bring,
Soon the clocks would tick,
And all of you would leave,
I would recall the faces,
Some joyous and some who grieve,
That's how my all days are,
The world is near, yet so far,
But I accept all as His providence,
And resume my blessed silence....

Poem & Drawing (c) S.S



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Feet in Blood !

A Puppet

My Brave Knight