Emptying Myself (Collaboration)


  Note For the beloved readers : Please note that if a poet and poetess collaborate, it doesn't state that they are romantically involved. Kindly avoid such perceptions. Enjoy the work. Thank you.



Oh swollen is my pride 
How it’s raised as a banner 
Waving for all opposing opposition
A standard I have set
A line for any that dare to cross into my pit of me this epitome
A quandary of disillusion a daft waft of vanity
I survive as apex predator of unnatural affection
My loins girth with pagans of elicit expression 
A beast of such abasement 
To be appeased by dainty nods of approval I dare not lust
For this my castle 
ran afoot mega mind dystopia of rage mixed into a cup of wanting that never seems filled
My light is but a spark needing fuel to ignite myself on fire to move
Yes just to move
It seems I am stuck in a place of eternal stiffness
Awaiting nothing
Just daydreaming
Replaying and editing a movie I direct cast and star in
What a sad despot of hopelessness 
I would cry but I know once empty
My movie shall just replay
Needing another line or character
Oh if only life was a set
How I would cast the perfect show,

If you're seeking a perfect show,
This is what you must know,
Fathom what our dear Shakespeare said,
This world is your stage, wherein you play a role,
This frame is a mere costume,
That sheathes your soul,
From the arrows of deceit,
And all the glistening worldly concrete,
Leave all that killed your peace within,
All that left you dead yet living,
Search shall begin for the One Soul,
It's time for the eternal stroll,
The walk in the Garden of the Eden you mustn't seek,
'Cause that's the dream of all the foolish and geeks,
That light which dwells inside of you,
It is this what shall paint your being all new,
All the wait shall end hence,
Draining the wishes of the love and pence,
When the seed of spirituality you would sow,
It is then you would know,
You are the protagonist and supporting cast,
All the lust and wishes would be lost,
As you would empty you by your own soul....

(c) Mark Rushing & Shilpa S




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Feet in Blood !

A Puppet

My Brave Knight